Tuesday, 28 October 2014

I Love Group Work - week 4

The film room project is finished! I'm going to write a more reflective blog post on this project in the next couple of weeks, after I've had time to process it a bit, so just a short post now. Here's the finish room, compared with the film still:
The final render


Our biggest problem with the project was the lighting, as the lighting in the scene was actually pretty difficult to replicate. Still, we started with something like this:

Render without lighting changes and colour correction

We spent a good few days working on fixing the lighting, which more time probably wouldn't have helped too much. I think we did the best we could with what we had.
Here are the main "wrong" things I identified with our scene:
Feel free to decipher this mess
Some of the shadows are wrong, some things are too bright while others are too dark, and the kitchen things should have been made a darker to colour to make the lighting easier. The camera is also a little bit off, but it's not too bad!

This project was hard work, but I really enjoyed it. Group work is fun!

And now, a sleepy hedgehog