Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Dichotomous Character Project Post Mortem - week 11











My final character models ended up as 2674 triangles for the girl and 3392 for the man.  Although it was quite a hard project, as characters are not my strong point, I’m satisfied with how both of them turned out.
In terms of design, I think my characters are quite successful, though I’m not sure how dichotomous they really are for the project. They are obviously part of the same world, though they might not be opposite enough.
When it comes to further improvements, although my characters are quite recognisably fishermen after my initial improvements, I could probably still make it more obvious. I also need to work on my character topology.
Making the clothes less flat and adding more texture to them would make both my characters more interesting.




Final render compared to original concept