Thursday, 23 April 2015

Week 30

We have a logo!
Pretty sweet
As for the level, it's looking really good, though there's still a lot to be done before the DMU hand-in in 2 weeks - most importantly, Dominic needs to finish up the puzzle blueprints, and we need to finish the "dark world".










I haven't made any new assets this week. Instead, I've be writing my reflective writing essay for Critical Studies, and cleaning up my other projects to make sure everything is A-Okay for the final submission tomorrow.

I've also been working on making some emissive textures for the "dark world" level.

Tron trees
The idea is that all the vegetation in the level will have a subtle blue-ish glow. Making all the different bark textures glow is harder than I thought, as they all tile a lot. It's difficult to make it noticeable without completely overwhelming the trees.

Anyway

I've started making a bus, or specifically a camioneta (or chicken bus). They're converted American school buses driven to transport people in various Latin American countries.



(http://images.world66.com/ch/ic/ke/chicken_bus_galleryfull)


I decided I wanted to make one after watching Dara and Ed's Great Big Adventure and seeing some on there, and I haven't made a vehicle in a while.