I'm going to be making a small, interactive and playable 3d interior of a barn in a partially stylised, hand-painted style - similar to Life is Strange.
Life is Strange screenshots (PC)
- Playable UE4 level
- Completed models
- I will be using 3ds Max 2016, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Mudbox 2016, xNormal, and UE4.
- The packaged game should run at a minimum of 30fps using lab computers.
- Ideally, the packaged game will be playable at a minimum of approximately 10fps on a laptop with a system RAM of 8GB and a processor of 2.1Ghz (based on the most popular system specs owned by Steam users according to the December 2015 Steam Survey), though this is only a stretch goal.
- Based on the style matrix briefs, a budget of 80,000 tris and 5x 2048 texture sheet sets will be used.
The two biggest risks with this project are that creating the interactive elements of my level could be time consuming, and I haven’t textured anything in quite this style before. To combat this, I have already built and tested the main Blueprints I will be using, and done a small texture style test.
· Modelling ability
· Use of composition, lighting and colour pallet to convey atmosphere
· Proficiency with UE4 – particularly the Blueprint system
· Whether the game runs efficiently when packaged on lab computers (min of 30fps)
Initial project work should be finished on 13/05/2016, leaving 2 weeks for polishing and fixing.
Final Hand in Date:
Friday 27th of May 2016