Friday, 4 March 2016

FMP Week 7 - Small Assets

 22/02/16 - 26/02/16

Week 7! I modelled a bunch of smaller assets, which began to fill out the barn nicely. The barn is a study/storage area, so I had to think about the kinds of objects that might be kept in there - I'd already gathered a bunch of reference material before so I had an idea of what I wanted. Paper, old books and empty jars and bottles were the main things I could use to fill up areas.

I also made cables and electrical fittings to add some more detail and realism to the environment. and so I could have a couple of light fixtures.

I was struggling a little with how to fill the space, but someone suggested having things hanging on the wall which really helped. Rather than everything being on ground level, having things on the walls helps to draw your eyes upwards as well as around.





This week was the first time I've messed around with splines in UE4 - they were surprisingly easy and a great way to add cables and chains in a way to fit with the level.

Example of spline construction script